Saturday, 13 January, 2018
09:30 to 16:30
Closing date to register interest:
30 November 2017
Who is this event for?
All members who significantly identify as female. We use an inclusive definition of ‘woman’ and ‘female’ and we welcome trans women, genderqueer women, and non-binary people who are significantly female-identified.
We are keen to ensure this event is as accessible as possible, and to create an inclusive environment where all members feel they can fully participate. The venue is fully accessible but should you have any questions on accessibility needs or other ways of making this event more accessible for you, please contact Nell Andrew.
Key issues on the agenda will include:
- Women in education - leading the way on STEM
- Menstruation to menopause in the workplace
- Gender in the classroom
- Black women in education – breaking down barriers to leadership and representation
- Support staff – development and dignity at work
- Women’s rights, the law and life after Brexit for women working in education
- Dr Mary Bousted, Joint General Secretary NEU
- Full programme and other speakers to be announced
- We are expecting a lot of interest in this event. In order to represent women across the whole education sector, we particularly encourage support staff members, FE members, independent sector members and new professionals to apply.
- This event is open to members no matter their level of experience and we actively encourage members who wish to become active in their union to attend and take part.
- All places are free and include lunch and refreshment.
- Given the anticipated popularity of the event, if you are allocated a place but are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible, so that your place can be offered to a colleague on the waiting list.
- Please note that registering interest does not guarantee a place. All delegate places will be confirmed on or after the 1 December 2017.