ATL members automatically receive insurance protection, including cover for personal accidents, loss of money or property at work and dental treatment.
From September 1 2017, this includes the following.
- Personal accident cover - members are automatically insured for £10,000 against accidental death, permanent total disablement and loss of limbs or eyesight when such accidents occur at or on the way to or from work. A further maximum of £5,000 can be claimed for funeral expenses after a member's accidental death under the above circumstances, plus £200 for each dependant child at the time of death.
- Loss or damage to, or theft of, property (maximum benefit payable £500) or theft/loss of cash (maximum £150) inside work buildings. Spectacles are covered anywhere within work grounds; bicycles if locked within work grounds. An excess of £25 applies to all claims.
- Malicious damage to motor vehicles within the boundaries of the work establishment (maximum benefit payable £750). Damage caused by another vehicle is not covered, nor is theft of property from the vehicle. An excess of £50 applies.
- Assault - members are covered against absence from work after injury following physical assault by any person at or on the way to or from work. £200 a week is payable for 4 weeks after the first 7 days of absence.
- Dental treatment - if you require dental treatment as a result of assault or an accident that happened at work or travelling to or from work, a maximum benefit of £500 is payable. An excess of £25 applies, ie the first £25 will not be paid.
- Hospitalisation - members hospitalised due to accidental bodily injury that occurred at work or travelling to or from work are eligible for a payment of £50 per day in hospital after the first 24 hours.
- Coma - any member hospitalised due to accidental bodily injury which results in a continuous unconscious state is eligible for a further £50 per day after the first 24 hours, up to a maximum of 365 days, in addition to the hospitalisation benefit above.
To find out more about making an insurance claim, call 020 7930 6441 or email us.