The SSMAG meets on a quarterly basis. Meetings are officered by ATL National Official Peter Morris. Graham Easterlow, from ATL's Executive Committee and lead member for support staff, chairs the meetings, and fellow EC member Cathy Tattersfield and AMiE President Julia Neal also attend.
SSMAG's remit is:
- to consider and advise the Executive Committee on all matters relating to support staff pay, conditions of employment and working practices in all sectors
- to recommend and disseminate advice and best practice on all matters relating to support staff members
- to advise on issues pertaining to support staff organisation within ATL.
SSMAG members 2016-18
- Andrea Grice, Teaching Assistant, R L Hughes Primary School, Wigan.
- Janet Blanchard, Lunchtime Supervisor, Nottingham Independent High School, Nottinghamshire
- Donna Bryant, Learning Support Assistant, Vyne Community School, Basingstoke, Hampshire.
- Gloria Clarke, Librarian, Gillotts School, Henley-On-Thames, Oxfordshire.
- Tanya Exley, Senior Cover Supervisor, King James's School, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire.
- Alison Knighton, HLTA, Newker Primary School, Chester le Street, Co. Durham.
- Donna Jones, SEN Learning Coach, Rhyl High School, Denbighshire.
- Simon Newby, IT Technician, Our Lady's Catholic College, Lancaster, Lancashire.
- Stella Thompson, TA, Anglesey Primary Academy, Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire.
For more information on the work of SSMAG please contact national official Peter Morris.