IPSAG advises ATL's Executive Committee on matters relating to the sector and seeks to promote best practice in the private sector.
Amongst other things, members of the group represent ATL with external organisations, assist with ATL's annual Independent Schools Conference and help to promote the interests of independent sector members in their regions, including offering support to new school reps and contacts.
The group is elected by the Executive Committee on a two year cycle. From the ordinary membership there are with six regional representatives, plus up to three additional members to ensure the widest range of representation. There are also two representatives of the Executive and an officer of the union. The role is voluntary with travel and subsistence expenses met by ATL.
IPSAG's remit can be downloaded here.
IPSAG meeting dates 2016-18
The meetings for the academic year 2016-17 are:
- 1 October 2016
- 14 January 2016
- 9 April 2016
- 10 June 2017
For 2017/18, the dates are:
- 30 September 2017
- 20 January 2018
- 25 April 2018
- 16th June 2018.
IPSAG members 2016-18
Following elections over the summer 2016, the Executive Committee has ratified the committee for the new two year cycle commencing from September 2016.
The six regions are London & the South East, the South West, the North East, the North West, the Midlands and the East.
- Deborah Parren is a representative of the National Executive and chair of IPSAG.
- Geoff Pye is an Executive representative.
- Niamh Sweeney, vice president, is the executive officer.
- Margaret Krysztofiak-Boyle represents members working in London and the South East.
- Rod Marsden represents members working in the North West.
- Brian Metcalf represents members working in the East.
- David Watton represents members working in the North East.
- Liz Lampard represents the Midlands.
- Lisa Kearney represents members working in the South West.
The three additional member of the committee are:
- John Lambert, Fife
- Varshini Rajkumar, Berkshire
- John Adam, Hampshire.
Contacting the IPSAG
If you have any policy issues pertinent to the independent sector that you would like ATL to consider, please contact the IPSAG representative for your area, or the chair of IPSAG Deborah Parren, care of the IPSAG servicing secretary John Richardson.