New for Autumn term 2018!
NEU Reps Foundation 3 day block course for new reps
This 3 day course will help you to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to carry out your role as a NEU Workplace Rep whilst at the same time engaging in a dialogue about what’s happening in education and the part you and your members can play in influencing the decisions being made in your workplace and beyond.
It will cover:
- Developing the NEU presence in your workplace
- Understanding the challenges facing educational staff and the NEU
- Understanding the rep’s role, your rights and the range of support available to you
- Representing members both individually and collectively
- Negotiating with and influencing management
- Building campaigns in your workplace and community
As a union rep you have a statutory right to paid time off to attend training in your role.