National reps training - ULR training
ULRs specialise in advising and supporting members with their continuing personal and professional development. They work closely with school/college members and management to identify ways to improve access and quality of current provision, as well as source new opportunities.
The role can include:
- Raising awareness and promoting the value of learning
- Providing information on learning
- Identifying learning needs
- Working with employers and partners to improve access to learning
- Monitoring quality of provision, and supporting equal opportunities in learning.
The ULR course will help you to:
- Develop your skills and knowledge about the role of ULRs
- Work with other ATL / AMiE reps on learning issues to improve union organisation at your workplace
- Find out what ATL / AMiE policies are around learning
- Promote the value of learning and skills within the workplace
- Identify members' learning needs
- support members in managing their own learning
- work with your employer to develop learning opportunities.
Wednesday, March 13, 2019 -
09:30 to 16:30
London and South East