This workshop will build on your understanding of metacognition, thinking about thinking, and how to develop learners’ metacognitive skills to apply this to their learning in the English and Maths.
The Sutton Report (2013) states that learners make between 7-9 months’ additional progress in one academic year when metacognitive approaches are modelled and developed.
This course will help you to:
- Understand metacognition.
- Develop metacognitive skills in learners.
- Increase learners’ practice in English, including reading, writing and spelling.’
- Increase learners’ reflective practice in Maths.
- Create a metacognitive Maths and English learning environment.
Tuesday, January 23, 2018 -
09:30 to 16:00
Novotel Sheffield Centre, 50 Arundel GateSheffield S1 2PR
Standard £50.00, Support staff £30.00, NQT member £30.00