This course will aim to provide those working with young people with a solid understanding of mental health and wellbeing during the teenage years, alongside tools for supporting teenagers and young people.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- understand theories regarding cognitive, emotional and social development of teenagers, as well as current theories within the field of neuroscience and brain development
- understand risk-taking behaviour
- understand emotional problems in adolescence
- apply positive coping strategies
- provide emotional containment for young people
- signpost to more specialist support.
Registration is from 09.30am for a 10am start and will finish at 4pm
Thursday, April 26, 2018 -
09:30 to 16:00
Novotel Milton Keynes, Saxon Street, Leyburn CourtMilton Keynes MK13 7RA
Standard £50.00, Support staff £30.00, NQT member £30.00