- Safeguarding in a school context: every child matters, general principles of child protection, current legislation.
- Recognising if there is a problem; indicators of abuse (physical, emotional, sexual and neglect), risk.
- Responding to problems and dealing with disclosure: identifying your own emotions, managing preconceptions and judgements, active listening.
- Referring and recording: your responsibilities, the responsibilities of designated safeguarding officer, information sharing, recording information.
- Creating a safe learning environment: boundaries and boundary violations.
- Case studies.
- Online safety and cyber-bullying.
- Safeguarding in a wider context: Ofsted, LSCBs, CRB disclosure service.
Level 2 Safeguarding for schools is a self-paced online course, so you can work through it at your own rate and in your own time. Because it is internet based you can access it from home or school and your progress will be saved each time you visit the course.
Who this course is for
- Support staff