Are you working as a supply teacher and want to have a big impact in a short space of time? Perhaps you are new to supply and are looking for ideas to help you adapt to unpredictable classes, environments and unfamiliar subjects? Cover supervisors can also experience unpredictable daily work that forces you to into subjects you may be unfamiliar with. This session will provide a space for reflection, a constructive conversation to move problems you are facing towards solutions and lots of tried and tested resources and ideas that are adaptable to any situation. Lisa has been working as a supply teacher for three years and has lots to share to support you in becoming a super sub!
- To explore common problems faced by supply teachers and develop solutions to make your working life easier
- Explore resources and lesson ideas that can be applied in unfamiliar subjects and spaces
- To use case studies that can expand our own thinking around what we can achieve in our roles as supply teachers.
Benefits of participant’s employer
- Strategies learned can apply to all classes and all teachers. They will be worth sharing with colleagues
- Increased effectiveness as a substitute teacher or cover supervisor
- Teachers should feel empowered to achieve success in their varied and unpredictable roles.