In this workshop, we’ll be looking at the psychology of appraisal, provide ideas and tools to deal with negative feedback, and approach appraisal confidently.
• Understanding the dynamics of appraisal discussions.
• Understanding your personality and appraisal – internal/external reference and other important factors.
• Dealing with negative feedback.
• Building self-confidence and positive mindset for appraisal
• Using appraisal to develop your goals and develop your teaching
There will also be a session from Carolina Sankarsingh, member adviser. Her session will be around the do's and don'ts of appraisals. What should be expected from the employer and employee in regards to appraisals. There will be a Q&A session, questions to be submitted prior to the event.
10.15am – 10.45am - Registration, networking and refreshments.
10.45am – 11.45am - Carolina Sankarsingh (briefing and Q&A opportunity)
11.45am – 12.30pm lunch
12.30 pm – 2pm - Mike Culley’s appraisal CPD