As a modern trade union, ATL believes in the ethos of the school and college community and that the contribution of all staff is equally important. Consequently, ATL welcomes into membership all professionals working in the education sector: teachers, teaching assistants, examination officers, technicians, librarians, lecturers, managers, administrators and ancillary staff.
ATL commits considerable resources to representing our support staff members.
ATL is the only trade union that can offer you all of the following:
- staff solely dedicated to support staff members and issues
- a member advisory group, the Support Staff Members Advisory Group, which advises ATL's National Executive
- a termly newsletter for our support staff members
- regular electronic updates on breaking matters
- an annual support staff conference, open to all members
- an extensive CPD programme, with events held centrally and locally
- dedicated publications such as ATL's Supporting education: the role of higher level teaching assistants.
Support Staff Charter
The Support Staff Charter has been designed with two objectives in mind: to provide an easy-to-use vehicle for ATL members, branches and school ATL reps to raise the issues it addresses with school management, governors and colleagues; and to act as a working document for ATL support staff members, providing links to further information and advice and so helping them tackle immediate problems.
International Examinations Officers' Association (iEOA)
NEU membership is open to any member of the International EOA. We have developed a discounted membership rate so the benefits of your iEOA membership can complement the protection provided by a first-class trade union.
NEU leads the way in representing the whole education community, including exam office personnel. The foundation organization the Examination Officers’ Association (EOA) has been an affiliate member of ATL since 2006.
Habilitation VI (UK)
ATL membership is also open to members of Habilitation VI (UK). We have developed a discounted membership rate so the benefits of your Habilitation VI (UK) membership can complement the protection provided by a first-class trade union.