We will send you a welcome pack, which includes:
- an introductory letter with a list of ATL members in your school or college
- our guide to being a rep (a downloadable PDF of this is available in the 'see also' list to the right of this page)
- an ATL noticeboard header
- an ATL magnet for the staff room.
There are a number of things you can do to get started in your role:
- Introduce yourself in person to your headteacher/principal as ATL rep and confirm this in writing to them. Download a model letter for doing this here.
- Make sure you have an up-to-date list of all ATL members in your workplace. A list will be sent to you in your welcome pack, with an updated list being sent to you once a year. If you want to check you have the most up-to-date list, contact our membership team on email; or tel: 0207 782 1602.
- Introduce yourself to your local branch secretary. They can be a very good source of assistance and support. For contact details, visit our find my branch page.
- Make sure you have the latest posters, recruitment materials, etc from ATL to display on the staff noticeboard. Many of these will be sent to you automatically. You can also check out what is available in the publications and resources section of our website (you will find a link on the home page) and you can order further supplies from ATL's publications despatch on email or tel: 0845 4500 009.
- Finally, it is highly recommended that all reps take part in ATL's Being a rep training course.
Need further advice?
Due to essential database maintenance AdviceLine telephone system will be closed from Thursday 6th December at 5pm until Tuesday 11th December. During this time you will still be able to email your enquires to email@example.com If your enquiry is urgent please contact your regional or Wales office. We are sorry about this gap in the service but it is not possible for telephone calls to be responded to efficiently without access to membership records.